Georgios D. Barmparis
- Department of Materials Science and Technology,
University of Crete,
GR-71003 Heraklion, Greece.
- 105B, Physics Building
- +30 2810 394169
Georgios D. Barmparis is a PhD student at the Department of Materials Science and Technology, University of Crete, Greece. He graduated from the Physics Department of the University of Crete in 2005 with major in Computational Physics. In 2008, he got his Master's degree in Computational Physics from the same Department.
His thesis supervisor is Assistant Professor Ioannis N. Remediakis and his research focuses on the fields of surface chemistry (adsorption, heterogeneous catalysis), nano-science (shape and properties of metal nanoparticles) and development of scientific software.
Grands - Scholarships
- E-MRS presentation award, E-MRS Fall Meeting (2011).
- "Maria Michail Manassaki" scholarship for excellence in graduate studies (2011).
- Individual HPC-Europa2 grant for a visit in Finland and access to one of Europe's largest computers (150000 cpu hours) (June 2010).
- IESL/FORTH scholarship for graduate studies (2007, 2008-2009).
Conferences - Summer Schools
- “First-principles study of adsorption on Au(hkl) and the shape of gold nanoparticles”, E-MRS 2012 Fall Meeting, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 17-21 September, 2012.
- “Shape changes of Au nanoparticles in reactive environment”, E-MRS 2011 Fall Meeting, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 19-23 September, 2011 (presentation award).
- “Shape changes of Au nanoparticles in reactive environment”, DFT 2011, 14th International Density Functional Theory Conference. Applications in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, Athens, Greece, 29 August - 2 September, 2011.
- “Shape changes of Au nanoparticles in reactive environment”, TAM 2011 Annual HPC-Europa event, Barcelona, Spain, 8-9 June, 2011.
- “Shape changes of Au nanoparticles in reactive environment”, Towards Reality in Nanoscale Materials 2010 (TRNM 2010) Levi, Lapland, Finland, 6-8 December, 2010.
- “First-principles studies of Au nanoparticles”, X International Conference on “Nanostructured Materials” (NANO 2010) , Rome, 13-17 September, 2010.
- “Equilibrium Shape of Gold Nanoparticles”, 6th International Conference on Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (NN09), Thessaloniki, Greece, 13-15 July, 2009.
- “Environment-dependent shape of Au nanoparticles”, XXIV Panhellenic Conference on Solid State Physics and Materials Science, Crete, 21-24 September, 2008.
- “Environment-dependent shape of Au nanoparticles”, Summer School in “Electronic Structure Theory and Materials Design”, Center of Atomic-scale Materials Design (CAMD), Physics Department, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Copenhagen, Denmark, August, 2008.
- Summer School in Advanced Physics, Department of Physics, University of Crete, Crete, Greece (2004, 2005, 2007).
- G. D. Barmparis, Karoliina Honkala and I. N. Remediakis, “Thiolate Adsorption on Au(hkl) and Equilibrium Shape of Large Thiolate-covered Gold Nanoparticles”. J. Chem. Phys., submitted Local copy (pdf).
- G. D. Barmparis and I. N. Remediakis, “Dependence on CO adsorption of the shapes of multifaceted gold nanoparticles: A density functional theory”. Phys. Rev. B, 86, 085457 (2012).
- Hummelshøj, J. S., D. D. Landis, J. Voss, T. Jiang, A. Tekin, N. Bork, M. Dulak, J. J. Mortensen, L. Adamska, J. Andersin, J. Baran, G. D. Barmparis, F. Bell, A. L. Bezanilla, J. Bjork, M. E. Björketun, F. Bleken, F. Buchter, M. Bürkle, P. D. Burton, B. Buus, A. Calborean, F. Calle-Vallejo, S. Casolo, B. Chandler, D. H. Chi, I. Czekaj, S. Datta, A. Datye, A. DeLaRiva, V. Despoja, S. Dobrin, M. Engelund, L. Ferrighi, P. Frondelius, Q. Fu, A. Fuentes, J. Fürst, A. Garcíia-Fuente, J. Gavnholt, R. Goeke, S. Gudmundsdottir, K. D. Hammond, H. A. Hansen, D. Hibbitts, J. G. Howalt, S. L. Hruby, A. Huth, L. Isaeva, J. Jelic, I. J. T. Jensen, E. H. Junior, K. Kacprzak, A. Kelkkanen, D. Kelsey, D. S. Kesanakurthi, J. Kleis, P. J. Klüpfel, I. Konstantinov, R. Korytar, P. Koskinen, C. Krishna, E. Kunkes, A. H. Larsen, J. M. G. Lastra, H. Lin, O. Lopez-Acevedo, M. Mantega, J. I. Martínez, I. N. Mesa, D. J. Mowbray, J. S. G. Mýrdal, Y. Natanzon, A. Nistor, T. Olsen, H. Park, J. W. Pedersen, L. S. Pedroza, V. Petzold, C. Plaisance, J. A. Rasmussen, H. Ren, M. Rizzi, A. S. Ronco, C. Rostgaard, S. Saadi, L. A. Salguero, E. J. G. Santos, A. L. Schoenhalz, J. Shen, M. Smedemand, O. J. Stausholm-Møller, M. Stibius, M. Strange, H. Su, B. Temel, A. Toftelund, V. Tripkovic, M. Vanin, V. Viswanathan, A. Vojvodic, S. Wang, K. S. Thygesen, J. Rossmeisl, T. Bligaard, K. W. Jacobsen, J. K. Nørskov and T. Vegge. “Density functional theory based screening of ternary alkali-transition metal borohydrides: A computational material design project ”. J. Chem. Phys. 131 (1): 014101 (2009).
- “Equilibrium Shape of Thiolate-Covered Au Nanoparticles. A virtual laboratory for nanoparticle synthesis”, HPC-Europa2 newsletter “Science and Supercomputing in Europe - research highlights 2010”.